Announcement from Organizer, 23rd October, 2015.
Support for RiscOSM/Nominatum and improved iCal and Notes handling
A new version of Organizer, the personal information manager for all RISC OS platforms, will be available at the London RISC OS Show on Saturday 25th October. At last year’s show, we launched Map for Post Code, linking Organizer to Sine Nomine‘s RiscOSM mapping software. New enhancements to both programmes mean that you can now find map locations of your contacts with just a click, not just from the postcode – which can often be missing or wrong – but from the full or even just part of the address.
And if you have the newly available Canadian mapping data for RiscOSM, then any Canadian postcodes in Organizer can be passed directly to RiscOSM for a map to be drawn, just like UK and Dutch postcodes, so you plan your next trip to the land of the pine and maple.
In addition v2.24 has a number of improvements to long-standing and more recent facilities. Two requested enhancements are a sort facility for the Notes index; and the ability to add or cancel all items of an iCal diary import file, instead of having to click through each individually (there is also a bug fix to deal with repeated diary items).
The Planner display introduced in v2.23 at Wakefield has proved very popular and now you can also directly edit alarms from there, instead of having to return to a normal Diary page. And for those who use the cloning facility to use Organizer on more than one platform, it is now possible to restrict Task alarms to specific machines. And there are a number of smaller enhancements and bug fixes.
Other significant new features in version 2.2x of Organizer include:
- Option to start the week on a Sunday for the Diary and Calendar.
- Facility to order the Addresses by Organisation/Contact name.
- Now possible to use 16 million colours instead of just 16.
- Option to have a single-page display to save screen space.
Full price for Organizer 2.24 (including email support) for new users and user of early versions is £35.00 and £40.00 for Organizer On A Stick (including the zip file for loading on to a RISC OS machine).
SHOW PRICES (and for a limited period online) are:
- £10.00 for users of v2.23 and £15 on a memory stick (Full prices £15.00 and £20.00).
- Upgrading from other versions of v2.2x to v2.24 costs £20.00 and £25.00 for a stick (Full prices £30.00 and £35.00).
- New users and those upgrading from from early versions, the cost is £25.00 and £30.00 for the stick (SHOW ONLY – prices will be £30.00 and £35.00 online).
Organizer 2 is fully featured personal information manager for all RISC OS systems, including Raspberry Pi. It features Diary, Address book, Calendar, Anniversaries and ToDo sections, Notes and Journal facilities. It is developed by Martin Avison for North One Communications Ltd.