Announcement from Chris Evans, 22nd October, 2015.
We will also have many of our ever expanding range of computers, peripherals and spares for all things Acorn and/or RISC OS. A few are highlighted below. We also hope to have a prototype with us – it’s big and it’s red!
Mailing list details at the end of this news posting.
Thanks to those people who have already placed orders to collect at the show. If you want anything and don’t want to be disappointed do please let us know a.s.a.p.
Some of the new products we will have with us:
- Four Port HDMI, USB & Audio KVM
- Official 7″ Widescreen LCD display with 10 finger touch
- Resolution: 800 x 480
- Connects to DSI port on the Raspberry Pi B+ or Pi 2
- Compatible with all Pi Operating Systems including Raspbian and RISC OS! (No RISC OS touch support yet!)
- RISC OS MDF available
We are pleased to be able to continue our special offer of:
Retro and general Computing related:
- SVGA / HDMI video adaptors for BBC, Archimedes, Amiga, Atari etc. View your old computers on modern monitors.
- SVGA video adaptors for BBC B, Electron etc.: £73.00
- SVGA video adaptors for Archimedes, A3000 etc.: £73.00
- HDMI video adaptors for BBC B etc.: £73.00 (Supplied with 6 Pin DIN data input cable suitable for BBC B, Master, Master Compact, Electron etc.)
Unfortunately the HDMI adaptor is not reliable on an Archimedes or RiscPC. We hope to try one on Atari ST soon! (Anyone in the Sussex area who could lend us one for an hour please contact us!)
- New Cassette players for 8 bit computers including BBC B etc.
Cassette data recorders are no longer made but a few cassette players are. Unfortunately most will not work as data players but we’ve found one that will work on a BBC micro as a data player and also presumably other Retro computers that work with standard cassette recorders. It will not record and does not have motor control but should satisfy many users.
- Player only (Powered by 2 x AA batteries): £28.00
- Cassette Player with UK PSU & data lead for BBC etc.: £45.00
- BBC Cassette leads were CJE/4D’s first ever product back in 1981, due to renewed demand we’ve now restarted manufacturing them! Various versions available e.g. www.cjemicros.co.uk/products/VAR-BBCCASLD&pcode=6a: £10.00
- Right-handed Ergonomic Optical Mouse (USB): £28.00
Recycling at the show:
We may be able to recycle your old Acorn and RISC OS items, including:
- BBC Masters, A4000s, Risc PCs
- IDE Podules or Mini Podules
- 2.5″ IDE Drives
- Trackerballs, Mice for BBC
- ROM boards for BBC
- BBC Games & ROMS
- Almost anything Acorn/RISC OS related
We should have at least half a car full of space available thanks to a generous offer from one user, but if you have a large volume to recycle please contact us before the show.
For a fuller list please see www.cjemicros.co.uk/wanted
We are now sending out a Pi/RISC OS/Retro newsletter five or six times a year, if you haven’t yet received it and you want to be on our mailing list please send us an email with “Subscribe” as the subject.