Announcement from the Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club, 30th March, 2014.
Ebooks: What They Are and How To Master Them
Meeting on Wednesday 2nd April, 2014, at 7.45pm
Most ebook users know about obtaining their ebooks from ‘official’ stores such as Amazon (Kindle), Barnes & Noble (Nook) and WH Smith (Kobo) but what about other sources and less-common formats? Steve Bass will investigate some of the tools that can be used to examine and convert these formats to improve and enhance the reading experience, before going through the process of producing your own ebook either from scratch or from other document formats.
Our meetings are held atWest Yorkshire Sports and Social Club, Sandal Hall Close, off Walton Lane (A61) Barnsley Road, Sandal, WAKEFIELD, WF2 6ER
For a map and directions, visit www.wrocc.org.uk/where
There is ample FREE car parking at the venue, and a bar for refreshments.
Visitors are charged an entrance fee of £3, which includes a printed copy of the Club newsletter. Annual membership is also available for those living near and far at £15, but new members receive a 50% discount in their first year of membership: i.e. £7.50.
- A FREE PDF newsletter with all the latest news and articles. Printed copies are available by post for a supplement of £7 per year.
- Free entry to meetings.
- For Sale/Wanted adverts on the website and in the newsletter.
- WROCC Internet Discussion Forum (members & invited guests only).
We are a member of the Association of Acorn User Groups.
- 26th April – Wakefield Acorn & RISC OS Computer Show
- 7th May – The Arduino and Gertboard
- 4th June – Meeting, Details to be Announced
- 2nd July – Meeting, Details to be Announced