Mark Beerling has released what he describes as “(yet another) bank manager application.” He explains that he has been using BkMgr (which I believe is a very old application called “Contex Bank Manager”) for many years, but that application hasn’t been updated for BeagleBoard compatibility – hence his new application, called Konto, which offers some compatibility with BkMgr. Features offered by his new application include:
- Check and control bank statements.
- Generate financial reports.
- Experiment with standing orders (providing a “what if” facility).
- Transaction database with search facilities.
- Data plotting using GNU Plot (version 3.71).
- Forward look ahead for an account (providing a cash flow projection).
- Support for several currencies.
- Open file format for easy conversion to and from other programs.
- Conversion from BkMgr program possible.
The application has been tested on a BeagleBoard-xM running RISC OS 5.17 and a RiscPC running RISC OS 4.39