Coming soon to a hotel near
There is now just one week remaining until the final RISC OS Show of the year – the RISC OS London Show, which takes place next Saturday in Feltham. And, as ever, there is plenty of reason to come along and see what’s what in the RISC OS world, with lots to see, discuss and buy.
The list of exhibitors is wide ranging, and includes a good selection of the usual suspects – such as CJE, R-Comp, and RISC OS Open – as well as plenty of smaller developers, who aren’t able to attend every show in the RISC OS Calender – such as 3rd Event Technologies, Leo’s Pi Projects, and RiscDJ.
This year’s show promises to be something particularly special, with some of the highlights including:
- The RISC OS desktop being displayed on a 40″ 3840×2160 (ultra-HD) screen!
- The RiscPiC-mini case for the Raspberry Pi being on sale for the first time – but only in very limited numbers!
- A new version of RiscOSM, featuring postcode support and maps for a wider range of countries.
- David Bradforth’s new book, A Potted History of Acorn.
- An ARM Cortex-A15 based IGEPv5 board – the next level of performance up from a Pandaboard – running RISC OS!
In addition to these, a major new product – which has been in development for a year – is expected to be announced at the event, so the best way to find out who it is that is announcing what is to come along to the show to see for yourself!
The venue is the St Giles Hotel, Hounslow Road, Feltham, TW14 9AD – just across the road from Feltham Railway Station, an easy drive from the M4 and M3 motorways, and a short distance from Heathrow Airport. The show will be open from 11:00am until 5:00pm, with entry costing £5.00 for adults, and under-16s getting in for free.