Announcement from Martin Avison, 23rd April, 2014.
This includes some changes made by Rob Sprowson and myself.
Full details and a full list of the many changes from v3.06 (the last by Jonathan Duddington) is on the website, but here is a summary of the main changes from v3.10:
- Changed how Attachments are displayed and handled:
- Display more files and longer names by using small icons.
- Added ability to select and drag several attachments.
- Changed backups of Mail and News directories in !Pluto.backup:
- Name format now !Pluto.backup.<type>yymmdd.hh-mm-ss
- Old files now deleted when older than the days specified.
- Deletion only runs when Pluto exits, not every debatch!
- Changed the Search and Select dialogues:
- Any Status flag can be ignored or tested for True or False.
- Categories and Add From list now selectable from menu.
- Increased limit for Article List windows from 12 to 20.
- Fixes for several problems.
- Minor improvements to the included Pluto StrongHelp manual.
Pluto is an email and news reader that runs on the RISC OS operating system, written by Jonathan Duddington in 1997 as a commercial product, but in April 2013 Jonathan announced that Pluto v3.06 was released with a GPLv3 licence, and freely available to download from SourceForge, including the source.