Announcement from WROCC’s Chris Hughes, 25th August, 2013
To celebrate 30 years of the club, Wakefield RISC OS Computer Club released the Third Edition of the Wakefield Back Catalogue CD at this year’s Wakefield Show. It now contains around 360 back issues of the newsletter, including more than 100 from the 1980s and 1990s which had once been considered lost. Indeed, we believe that there are now just three issues left unaccounted for from the Club’s 30 year history.
The disc contains almost 650MB of data, including:
- Tipsheets and Newsletters from the time of the Acorn 8-bit systems.
- Newsletters from the early days of the Archimedes and RISC OS.
- Issues of Awake, as the publication became known between 1994 and 2003.
- Issues of The WROCC from 2003 until March 2013.
- Full indexes of the newsletters content.
- Some video footage and a still-image slideshow of the Wakefield Show in the nineties and noughties. (The MPEG video is compatible with KinoAMP, whilst the slideshow is in the form of a Windows executable.)
Many of the files have been converted from the original Impression and Ovation Pro format using GhostScript with the PostScript 3 drivers to ensure the best possible quality. They should be readable on any platform that can read PDF documents.
Now together in one place, this collection provides a wealth of useful information as well as a fascinating look back at the history of our platform and one of its longest-running user groups.
The Wakefield Back Catalogue CD is available to non-members for £10.00 and members for the discounted price of £7.50, both including P&P.