RISCOSitory is a website dedicated to publishing news and information relevant to RISC OS and its users. Maintained and run by Vince M Hudd of Soft Rock Software, the site also plays host to a number of RISC OS related mailing lists, and the Quantum Software archive.
About RISC OS
RISC OS is an operating system, originally developed by Acorn Computers Ltd to run on their ARM based Archimedes computer systems. Despite the closure of Acorn in 1999, the operating system itself continues to be developed in both closed source and ‘shared’ source forms.
Other, related websites
News, Blogs and Portals
- The RISC OS Blog – another blog bringing you news, views and reviews regarding RISC OS.
- RISCOScode – a news and features site, with a notable Twitter-centric approach to reporting and archiving news.
- RISC OS News Network – a news aggregator, bringing together news, blogs, discussions and tweets about RISC OS and ARM from a variety of sources.
- The Icon Bar – the longest running RISC OS web portal and news site (aka Acorn Arcade, which was once a separate, related site, dedicated to gaming, but the two merged some years ago.)
- My RISC OS – a web portal featuring news and information.
- riscos.info – a community and developer-driven Wiki
- Archive Magazine – an A5 subscription based magazine that has been running since 1987.
- Drag ‘n Drop – a PDF magazine, published and sold online by Paul Stewart
Advertising and Sponsorship
It will soon be possible to sponser RISCOSitory by taking advertising space on the website. The available spaces and their sizes and rates are currently under consideration, with the aim being to offer enough space that the income will cover the cost of hosting the site, as well as contribute towards the time involved in running it – while at the same time not overwhelming visitors with excessive advertising.